Auto Accident Injuries
Auto accident injuries are serious and need attention immediately. Fall is a time when rain and snow can make the roads slippery and hazardous. Auto accident injuries at this time of year are very common, and even the most careful drivers can get into low-speed collisions when the roads turn slippery.
Recognize the Symptoms of Whiplash
Auto injuries can lead to a condition called whiplash. This injury occurs when the neck is jerked forward and then backward suddenly and unexpectedly. Knowing the symptoms of whiplash can help you get the care you need when you’ve been hurt. Some of the most common symptoms of whiplash include:
- Pain and tenderness in the neck and back.
- Muscle stiffness.
- Limited range of motion.
- Blurry vision.
Seek Chiropractic Care Even if You Seem to be Uninjured
Whiplash may take many hours or days to manifest after the accident occurs, and by the time patients realize they’ve been hurt, they may already have been living with this problem for a long time.
Seeking a chiropractor after an auto accident, regardless of whether or not you can identify symptoms of an injury, can help you get treatment and make a fast recovery. Chiropractors treat whiplash with the following techniques:
- Spinal adjustment. This technique is used to restore balance to the vertebrae of the spine. Spinal adjustment helps improve communication between the brain and the rest of the body, and also helps relieve patients of their pain.
- Massage therapy. Massage therapy is a technique that can help relax the patient muscles and restore blood flow to injured parts of the body.
- Lifestyle advice. Chiropractors teach patients how to avoid injuries in their everyday lives by making smart lifestyle choices.
- Stretches and exercises. Chiropractors teach patients how to perform stretches and exercises that can help restore balance to the body and improve functionality of the spine.
Contact Your Chiropractor for Auto Accident Injury this Fall
Chiropractors provide patients with natural, holistic treatments for auto accident injuries. If you’ve recently been involved in a car accident in Philadelphia, contact your chiropractor at Rittenhouse Square Chiropractic for diagnosis and safe, non-invasive whiplash treatment.