Need Massage Therapy in Philadelphia, PA?
Massage Therapy is Available in Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia
Everyone on the planet needs to be touched. It is a physical imperative which no one can deny. Instinctively, if something is hurting our body, we instantly grab it. Massage and massage therapists have raised this basic instinct into an art and a science. Training in any number of modalities, massage therapists now aide in health and well-being as well as recovery from injury. Using proven techniques, a qualified therapist will be able to help guide you down the path of recovery toward a healthier more productive life with less physical pain. The first step is to call Rittenhouse Chiropractic and find the right therapist for you.
What is Massage Therapy?
Massage therapy is as old as time itself, whether or not it had a title. Massage is simply touch with the intent to heal and/or comfort. Over centuries of trial and error, observation, palpation (touching) and scientific investigation, massage has evolved and is now recognized as a tool to achieve health and well-being. Utilized by everyone from professional athletes and entertainers, corporations, and even shoppers in the mall, massage relieves stress, increases blood circulation, breaks up lactic acid which is the cause of “knots”, and generally brings a feeling of calmness to the recipient. Massage itself may not be able to cure or alleviate all of what ails you, but in combination with all of the other services offered by Rittenhouse Square Chiropractic you will be on track to better health.
Types of Massage Therapy
These are but a few of the different types of modalities of massage therapy offered by the professionals in the office of Rittenhouse Chiropractic. Come in and talk to one of our therapists today to begin your journey towards a healthier, pain-free life.
- Swedish/relaxation – Gentle technique designed to provide a soft manipulation of muscles. This technique is often utilized to begin and end a massage as it warms up the muscles for some of the more rigorous techniques
- Deep Tissue – As the name implies, this technique aims to work deep inside the muscles and to muscle groups below the superficial groups. This technique can be a bit uncomfortable, but the effects are more than worth some slight and temporary discomfort!
- IASTM (Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization) featuring SASTM instruments effectively break down fascial restrictions and scar tissue. Adhesions within the soft tissue which may have developed as a result of surgery, immobilization, injury, repeated strain or other mechanisms, are broken down allowing full functional restoration to occur.
- Sports Massage – A technique which not only uses massage techniques, but also employs range-of-motion and stretching techniques. This is a very powerful modality and goes beyond your typical massage.
- Myofascial Release – Not your typical massage. This technique is slow and deliberate, uses a good measure of force and relies on friction to help break up the knots. This modality is usually performed with little to no lotion/oil/cream at the beginning of a massage, but aspects of the modality can be used throughout a session
- Prenatal massage – Massage during pregnancy. We will use different positioning to make you the most comfortable, depending on what trimester you are in. Strategic locating is done through initial palpation, rubbing, and then kneading, for a relaxing experience.
What to expect from Rittenhouse Chiropractic
You and your health are always at the forefront of the massage therapists. Upon meeting you they will listen to why you are visiting them as a patient, and work with and for you to help you achieve your goals. Not only will they help you achieve your goals, but ensure you have an understanding of the how and why you are here and how you can help yourself to maintain and grow stronger as you work towards total body health.
You can expect the Massage Therapists at Rittenhouse Chiropractic to be: